I finished my exam this morning at 9:30 and walked on over to the International Department and picked up my passport, which has a visa fixed inside of it now. I am now officially (legally) allowed to go to Nepal and be a student! Excellent. I hopped on the bus, came home and started cleaning my apartment, don't want to come back to a gross apartment. I repacked my backpack, pulling out a shirt and pair of pants that I don't think I will need. I also was able to condense my carryon to a rather small bag. This way when I get to Hong Kong I won't be dragging around a huge bag with me!
On Wednesday, Tina, Amanda, and I went to Tim Hortons and had a good chat about what we had packed, what we needed to buy still, and calm some nerves before our big departure day! Afterwards, Amanda and I went downtown to buy a few things including spider deterring bug nets and potato chips. Fabulous!
With everything finally packed, I am ready to relax and hang out with Margaret (Margaret Dawg Yung Thug) and Liz for a night/day of madness before my trip. We have great plans such as going out for breakfast and getting Fro Yo... most of them are food related plans.
I just checked-in for my flight from Vancouver to Hong Kong online and switched my seat so that now I'm sitting between Tina and Isha for our long haul flight. I think they will be fabulous seat companions. So much crib, cards, and good chat!
Here's a few links that I thought I would share with all of you, this song by Bob Seger is a great soundtrack to my trip - thank you Graham Henry for sharing it with me. And, this is where I will be spending my first nights in Nepal!
So here I go off off and away! I hope to update my blog often and share my exciting adventures with you all. If I happen to not do so well at this endeavour then I will be sure to share my successes and stories upon my return.
With that I will leave you with my mantra for the trip, written by a great doctor:
There are some, down the road between hither and yon,
that can scare you so much you won't want to go on.
But on you will go
though the weather be foul
On you will go
though your enemies prowl
On you will go
though the Hakken-Kraks howl
Onward up many
a frightening creek,
though your arms may get sore
and your sneakers may leak.
On and on you will hike
and I know you'll hike far
and face up to your problems
whatever they are.
You'll get mixed up, of course,
as you already know.
You'll get mixed up
with many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life's
a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left.
And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
No comments:
Post a Comment